EPISODE 130 | 48 minutes
Siobhan Tagell fell into a job in the office products industry and quickly rose the ranks to become a General Manager and was highly respected in her role.
Long hours and health challenges led her to pull the pin on that career path and opened up to a new opportunity to start her own business as a Project manager for home renovations in Sydney’s Inner West.
In this week’s podcast episode, Siobhan shares with Shandra:
- How she left her Uni degree behind and the struggles in making that happen
- The reasons she stayed in one role for 17 years
- The physical toll her ‘successful’ role took on her
- Why she turned down a ‘dream’ job offer after she resigned
- How she got the idea for her business and it wasn’t what she thought it would be
- The things she found easy as an employee that have been harder in her own business
- The best things about working for herself
- Tips on preparing for the financial impact of working for yourself
You can connect with Siobhan here: