When you want to leave your career to start your own business, the clarity of your vision has a massive impact on the action you take or don’t take.
But how do you figure out what you actually want?
I remember being at a business retreat with a Mastermind group years ago, and the group leaders asked us to share what our vision was for our business. It’s so interesting to think back on, because I remember sitting there with about 8 other women and feeling really daunted by the question… I assumed everyone else knew exactly what they wanted and I felt like I had a sense of what I wanted to create but wasn’t sure about how to articulate it…
Being asked the question felt a bit confronting and hard – but it was really rewarding because when I started to find words for what I thought I wanted, it helped me to feel clearer and more confident about what the hell I was actually working towards…
I’ve also had many experiences of women attending my goal setting workshops who know what they DON’T want – a lot more clearly than what they DO want.
If that’s you – then you’re not alone!
It’s actually really common and because it’s such a big question it’s useful to have some prompting questions to guide your thinking and dreaming so you can create a vision that feels exciting and inspiring to you, a Vision that will get you moving and taking action!
Start with asking yourself. Do you actually want to work for yourself?
Not everyone does, so this is the first question for you to explore. If you think you do, or even if you think you ‘might’ want to work for yourself, then you can start to consider questions like:
- What is it about having your own business that you like or want to create for yourself?
- What sort of business would you like to have and what does it do or provide?
- Is it a product or service-based business?
- Physically where do you want to work?
- How do you spend your working hours. What are your hours and what sort of tasks are you doing?
- Do you have any support team, what do they do? Are they virtual or in person?
- Who do you work with as your clients?
- What sort of impact do you have on your clients?
- What do you help them achieve or do?
- 5 years from now, when you see yourself and your business in the future, if it’s exactly how you’d love it to be, what’s happening in your business?
- How do you feel about the work you’re doing and the people you’re working with?
No matter what stage you’re at with your business, you can start to explore these questions – you don’t have to know all the answers right now, and things might change as you move forward, but just starting to consider these questions will really help you to create a Vision and that will give you the clarity you need to make decisions and take action.
I’m super passionate about assisting women to start and grown their own successful solo business, so if you want help to explore your Business Vision book in for your no cost 30 minute Transit Talk with me so you can get it happening as soon as possible.
In this call you will start to discover and clarify the unique business that you’re bringing into the world, the blocks that are getting in your way and holding you back and three actions you can take to move past the blocks and get your momentum flowing.